Pages

Sunday 14 December 2014

The 'Ruby Redfort' Books by Lauren Child



When I was younger I used to read books about a girl named Clarice Bean.  They were my absolute favourite books and I just loved everything about them.  In these books by Lauren Child Clarice, the main character, would get up to all sorts of mischief and would use her Ruby Redfort notebook to help her in tough situations.  Now that I have gotten a bit older I find the Clarice Bean books a bit babyish for me to read even though I still love them.  Luckily for me Lauren Child released some spin off books about the spy Ruby Redfort.

These books are about thirteen year old Ruby Redfort: 'Every smart kid's smart kid.' She is extremely smart and knows how to keep cool in sticky situations both reasons for a top secret agency to ask her to be their code-cracker.  We get to follow Ruby as she learns to ropes of the secret agency Spectrum, solving crimes and catching bad guys. All she has to do is keep it zipped.  Easier said than done.  This story is fun and easy to follow.  If you want a quick read I highly recommend the Ruby Redfort books.

Not only is the story fun and interesting but the books themselves are great.  The books which are pictured above are hardcover and vibrant.  One of the books is even scented which ties in with the story.  Each book also includes codes and riddles that you get to figure out yourself.  All the extra thought that goes into creating these books makes them great fun to read.

I really enjoyed these books and found them a great change to my normal reading.  I give it 3 out of 5 stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment